วันศุกร์ที่ 23 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2553

3 Reasons It's Best To Learn To Play Acoustic Guitar

I don't know the exact numbers but I'd probably say that more people start out trying to learn to play acoustic guitar then electric. I say this from looking at the other guitar players I know, and thinking back to when I first started to learn.

What if you're just starting out, should you learn acoustic or electric guitar? Are there big differences? Is one easier to learn then the other? Will I get bored of one more then the other? What about switching part way through the learning process? These are all questions you should know the answer to before you set out to learn to play acoustic guitar, and I'm going to answer three of them in this article.

1.) Instant Gratification: Again my opinions coming through here, but electric guitar is more of a lead instrument. Meaning that most people learn to play solos and in bands when they learn electric guitar. In contrast acoustic is a great instrument to jam with others, learn songs on your own, and play and sing at parties if you want. You get more gratification on your own and faster when learning acoustic guitar.

2.) Cost: Now this isn't directly related to learning to play the instrument but it should be considered. It's generally less expensive to purchase an acoustic then it is to get an electric. Not that the guitars themselves are cheaper, but the accessories required to use them properly are different.

With an acoustic all you need is the instrument, a case, and maybe a tuner and capo. How ever when purchasing an electric you need the guitar and same accessories, along with an amp and patch cord. The amp can be half the price of the guitar again depending on what you buy.

3.) Changing Instruments: Trust me when I say it's easier to switch from playing acoustic to electric guitar. I personally consider myself to be an acoustic player, but I do own an electric and do use it sometimes when jamming. How ever when I was learning to play acoustic guitar I spent most of my time mastering chords so I could play songs, in contrast it's more technique and scales when learning to play electric.

There you have it, why I think it's best to learn to play acoustic guitar when starting out. Some will disagree, especially those that are die hard electric lovers. You make your own decision and no matter what you choose stick with it. It takes time to learn well, and consistency no matter what instrument it is.

To learn more about Acoustic guitar lessons [http://www.learnguitartoday.info/acoustic-guitar-lessons/] visit [http://www.learnguitartoday.info], a popular guitar website that provides reviews and articles about video guitar lessons [http://www.learnguitartoday.info/video-guitar-lessons/].

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ian_Henman

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น