วันอาทิตย์ที่ 10 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2553

Country Guitar Lessons - 4 Tips to Advance Your Playing Guaranteed

Do you dream about playing your favorite country guitar songs live with a band onstage or on a record? Have you achieved that goal yet? I know how frustrated this can make you feel.

When I started learning guitar, I would learn a couple of tricks from my teacher, then go home and practice. Inevitably I wouldn't be able to do the trick the next day and would become frustrated and maybe not play my guitar again for a couple of weeks. At that point, I had to start again!

I am sharing 4 tips with you today, that if you implement on a daily basis, your country guitar playing will soar to new levels.

Familiarize yourself with the legends of classical country music. Every day take an hour out of your and really study the music.

I'm talking about Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard etc. Don't just listen. Dissect the music. Listen to how the instruments complement each other. You can even go over to YouTube and find live videos to watch. If you are anything like me, seeing is way more powerful than just listening. Really try and understand the "feel" of the music.

Play the songs. Look up the guitar tabs if need be, but simply play the songs. I mean the chord structure first, not so much the advanced techniques. Those will come later. Pick a song that sounds relatively easy and learn it. You might also look for an online country guitar lesson that has a backing track you can jam to. Once you can play through a song, you will find your confidence level to be much higher and you will be ready to tackle the harder parts of the song.

The third tip may be the most important. Play every day. You will need to build strength in your fingers as well as develop calluses and the only way to do that is to exercise your hands. It's like any other body part. Set aside at least 30 minutes a day. You can do this in front of the TV or wherever, but DO IT! You can learn some basic exercises and scales and simply run them up and down the fret board.

Lastly, get out and play with other musicians. A lot of your success at playing country guitar will hinge upon your ability to connect with other musicians quickly. The only way to do this is well by doing it. Grab a couple of buddies, have them learn the song you learned in step 1 and jam it in your garage or living room. It's the first step. Don't feel bad if you make mistakes, that's why musicians practice. Make the errors by yourselves, so when you get in front of an audience, you will be flawless.

I hope you enjoyed these 4 tips. They may sound pretty basic, but in my 25 plus years or so playing guitar, I have found that these steps are crucial to you becoming the player you always dreamed about.

I have purchased and tried most online Country Guitar Lesson programs and feel I have narrowed down the field to the best three. Check out my unbiased guitar instruction review at http://www.guitarinstructions.org and find out today the quickest path to your guitar playing Success!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brian_Marshalton

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น